wifi /powervu problem

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

smeestu

wifi /powervu problem

Post by smeestu »

I have 2 freesat maxs with usb wifi adaptors they are conected to 3 diferent sat .the problem i have is that wirh the wifi adaptor plugged in the powervu channels on intelsat 19 (166) all channels breakup all the time and are unwatchable .If i remove the usb wifi works fine with no problems .This is on both boxs on 2 different cable runs i have swapped boxs around and usb wifi still the same is there a power problem or a firmware.I need the usb wifi as i have a c-line i use they did not used to be like this .any help thanks I have changed switches most of the cable and the lnb's and am running the latest firmware release

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: wifi /powervu problem

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes it could be the power supply.
I hear that US power adapters are only 1.2A, while Auzzy / NZ ones are 2A.

Another thing to check is the WiFi signal may be interfering with the box.
If you have a USB extender cable try that. It will remove the WiFi signals from being close to the box.

Also try cabled internet. This uses very little power.

Of interest re Intelsat 19@166e, I noted changes in the powervu codes yesterday.
My V8 golden did not auto roll the DSC Japan channels, while the V7 Combo did not roll the Dmax channels on 4040 I think it is.
By swapping the softcam.key file from one to the other I got both working.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

smeestu

Post by smeestu »

Thanks for the reply i will try the usb extender cable what i dont understand is they were both working ok before .wil see if i have any higher amp powrr supplies they are US ones its a most unusal problem espevially for 2 seperate boxs .Is there a usb lan adaptor that will work with them i could try .Are there "clone versions of these boxs if so how can you tell was wondering if there is some incompatibility with later version firmware thanks for any replies

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Sorry I forgot that the Max did not have cable Lan.
There has been discussion on USB to Network adapters on the forum.
Try a search with "USB adapter"

I have not heard of clones of the Freesat boxes.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

smeestu

Post by smeestu »

Tried the usb extension cable with no luck tried a 3amp 12v power supply without any luck running out of ideas

necromars

Post by necromars »

smeestu wrote:I have 2 freesat maxs with usb wifi adaptors they are conected to 3 diferent sat .the problem i have is that wirh the wifi adaptor plugged in the powervu channels on intelsat 19 (166) all channels breakup all the time and are unwatchable .If i remove the usb wifi works fine with no problems .This is on both boxs on 2 different cable runs i have swapped boxs around and usb wifi still the same is there a power problem or a firmware.I need the usb wifi as i have a c-line i use they did not used to be like this .any help thanks I have changed switches most of the cable and the lnb's and am running the latest firmware release
i think you have problem with your c-line. It also provides powervu keys that will cause delay on some channels uses powervu keys. Try to disable/off c-line and wifi connected, if it will works well on the channel then c-line causes breakup some powervu channels.

mars

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

You could try changing the wifi channel you are using. That is done in the modem/access_point you are connecting to.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

smeestu

Post by smeestu »

Thanks for the replies i have disabled the c-line but makes no difference .I am using the v8 usb wifi adaptors they work fine on my laptop .But i have ordered a tenda model that someone recomended in another post see if that makes any difference .I also tried a different router/wifi signal i have 3 wifi signals in the house (all spread out on different channels) made no diference .plus i just tried a powered usb hub

smeestu

Post by smeestu »

Bought a tenda usb wifi dongle which does not work at all .if you do a allcode update does it clear everthing or os there another way to make it 100% factory default setup thanks in advance

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”