Help Needed For Manually Inputting PowerVu Transponder Keys

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

kishray

Help Needed For Manually Inputting PowerVu Transponder Keys

Post by kishray »

Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie on this forum and I decided to register here after receiving my new freesat V8 Super yesterday. I plugged it up and loaded the latest software for that receiver onto it. I went through the forum and saw useful and helpful information/ post on how to set up your V8 Super. I must say thanks to everyone who assisted in creating those useful post they were very useful.

After scanning my satellites, namely Intelsat 11 which is located at 43.1 W and also Intelsat 34 which is located at 55.5 W, I got channels on those satellite whether there encryption is PowerVu, Digicipher, Biss, Irdeto etc. I followed the instructions given by Owen in the link below on how to manually input PowerVu keys but I just cant get it to work. The channels are still showing encrypted. I don't have a softcam file containing all the keys for these satellite that I can loaded onto my V8 Super so I have to input the keys manually into my receiver.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1373

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but here is an example of what I did based on the instructions given in the link above.

Example: Golf Channel on 43.1 W. Transponder Frequency is 4195, Transponder Symbol Rate is 7199 and Transponder Polarity is H. My satellite longitude is 3600-431= 3169.

So based on the information provided in the link above by Owen the input into the PowerVu section in V8 Super receiver to open up this channel should be as follows:

For key 00: 14 digit Key;3169:04195:07199:h

For key 01: 14 digit Key;3169:04195:07199:h

So I am not sure if I am imputing something wrong that is why I cannot get these PowerVu channels on these satellite to open up. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. Take care and all the best. Have a good one.

kishray.

B34t3rGT

Re: Help Needed For Manually Inputting PowerVu Transponder Keys

Post by B34t3rGT »

you are no showing how are you leaving at the end the pair of keys

check this: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1373#p11241

kishray

Post by kishray »

Thanks for your assistance B34t3rGT. I really appreciate it. So you are saying that I should include H ; Scripps Networks at end of each key input? I thought that was for if you are using softcam. I was leaving it with :h . I am not seeing Scripps Networks etc under the key data section in the pictures in the link that you sent to me so that is why I was not including it in my key input lines.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

kishray wrote:Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie on this forum and I decided to register here after receiving my new freesat V8 Super yesterday. I plugged it up and loaded the latest software for that receiver onto it. I went through the forum and saw useful and helpful information/ post on how to set up your V8 Super. I must say thanks to everyone who assisted in creating those useful post they were very useful.

After scanning my satellites, namely Intelsat 11 which is located at 43.1 W and also Intelsat 34 which is located at 55.5 W, I got channels on those satellite whether there encryption is PowerVu, Digicipher, Biss, Irdeto etc. I followed the instructions given by Owen in the link below on how to manually input PowerVu keys but I just cant get it to work. The channels are still showing encrypted. I don't have a softcam file containing all the keys for these satellite that I can loaded onto my V8 Super so I have to input the keys manually into my receiver.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but here is an example of what I did based on the instructions given in the link above.

Example: Golf Channel on 43.1 W. Transponder Frequency is 4195, Transponder Symbol Rate is 7199 and Transponder Polarity is H. My satellite longitude is 3600-431= 3169.

So based on the information provided in the link above by Owen the input into the PowerVu section in V8 Super receiver to open up this channel should be as follows:

For key 00: 14 digit Key;3169:04195:07199:h

For key 01: 14 digit Key;3169:04195:07199:h

So I am not sure if I am imputing something wrong that is why I cannot get these PowerVu channels on these satellite to open up. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. Take care and all the best. Have a good one.

kishray.
Remember you need to let the receiver sit on the CH for up to 1 Hr for the receiver to auto roll, once one CH opens on a Powervu TP all CHs on that TP will open, then you move on to the next CH that dont open.

To get a softcam file you need a clean USB stick formated to Fat 32, put the usb in the receiver then press menu then left arrow one time and go to conditional access and press ok, now press 6666 on the remote that will bring up key edit, go to key edit and press ok, now press the green button on the remote and you should have a softcam file on your USB that you can edit and add keys to with your computer.

kishray

Post by kishray »

Thanks iq180 for your response. I really appreciate it. I did not let the receiver sit on the channel for an hour or so, I let it sat there for a few minutes. I am doing that now so I would let you know if it find the keys for that transponder. Take care and all the best. Have a good one.

kishray

Post by kishray »

Remember you need to let the receiver sit on the CH for up to 1 Hr for the receiver to auto roll, once one CH opens on a Powervu TP all CHs on that TP will open, then you move on to the next CH that dont open.

To get a softcam file you need a clean USB stick formated to Fat 32, put the usb in the receiver then press menu then left arrow one time and go to conditional access and press ok, now press 6666 on the remote that will bring up key edit, go to key edit and press ok, now press the green button on the remote and you should have a softcam file on your USB that you can edit and add keys to with your computer.[/quote]

Hello iq180,
It is a long process but the channels are coming in slowly. Some have not come in so far and some only came in with audio only. I would keep you posted. Thanks once again for everything.

kishray.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

kishray wrote:Thanks for your assistance B34t3rGT. I really appreciate it. So you are saying that I should include H ; Scripps Networks at end of each key input? I thought that was for if you are using softcam. I was leaving it with :h . I am not seeing Scripps Networks etc under the key data section in the pictures in the link that you sent to me so that is why I was not including it in my key input lines.
The part of the softcam.key line after the H; is for any comment you want to add.
That example was for a code line for scripps. You can add "Gone with the wind" if you like.
These text notes are for you to keep track of what the code is for. They are not needed.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kishray

Post by kishray »

The part of the softcam.key line after the H; is for any comment you want to add.
That example was for a code line for scripps. You can add "Gone with the wind" if you like.
These text notes are for you to keep track of what the code is for. They are not needed.

Owen[/quote]

Ohk. Thanks Owen for taking the time out to share this information with me. I really appreciate it.

Skanner

Post by Skanner »

Don't want to jack this thread but it may be of importance to the original poster. In his situation, is the H; even necessary? I can't seem to find out and have not been using them, and having problems too.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Skanner wrote:Don't want to jack this thread but it may be of importance to the original poster. In his situation, is the H; even necessary? I can't seem to find out and have not been using them, and having problems too.
the Freesat units put the "H" in when it auto rolls the code, so Yes I would think it is needed.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Skanner

Post by Skanner »

Thank you. I have other keys that have a ";" etc in them. Should I include that as well? If I enter something that is not necessary will it cause it not to work? I know this probably sounds silly to you but I really don't know.

kishray

Post by kishray »

To get a softcam file you need a clean USB stick formated to Fat 32, put the usb in the receiver then press menu then left arrow one time and go to conditional access and press ok, now press 6666 on the remote that will bring up key edit, go to key edit and press ok, now press the green button on the remote and you should have a softcam file on your USB that you can edit and add keys to with your computer.[/quote]

Hello Everyone,
I am happy to say thanks I got my Freesat V8 Super to work. I want to say thank you to everyone who assisted in whatever way they did to make that possible.

After, leaving the receiver on one of the channel in each PowerVu transponder for more than an hour, the keys autorolled on a few PowerVu transponders on Intelsat 11 @ 43.1 W and also on Intelsat 34 @ 55.5W. After being frustrated because all of the transponders did not roll, I had decided to do some more reading and research in the forum on how to manually enter the keys. I followed the instructions given above by iq180 and also in the link below created by owen on how to type in the lines on notepad and save the file as a softcam.key.

I created created a softcam and opened it in word and add the keys manually in word pad using your computer as suggested owen and I got it to worked. Thanks once again for everything. Take care and all the best. Have a good one.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”