serrano

Re: LNBF C BAND

Post by serrano »

Jim wrote:What country at you in?
in canada

Jim

Post by Jim »

The reason why I ask what country you live in that a lot of the U.S. suppliers will only ship in the U.S. States and offer "Free Shipping". EBay would be a good source to look as far as specifications and price! As far as LNBF's for C-Band a lot of folks I have seen in reviews like the Titanium brand?

serrano

Post by serrano »

thank you Jim,i did a google for this brand [titaniun ] yes i think is good i fand a dealer in Michigam USA

frogtong

Post by frogtong »

yes i got 1titaniun from amazon but never get it work so i give up use the old lnbf still good signal

Jim

Post by Jim »

What model of titanium did you get?

Code: Select all

http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/products

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi

if in Canada , Dr Sat has some cheapies ,at least he did in the summer ,abt 30 to 40 $Canadian each.
These are the feedhorn and the lnb conbined or LNBFs
I bought the duels C-KU ,one had the switching built in , on 22 khz for ku and off for C ,with hi /low voltage for polarity changing

L O freqs were 5150 for C band and 10750 ku

other one had separate outputs for each band and you used a two port dsq switch to choose bands C or KU

I tested both ,they were good for the money all things considered but not as good as a single band lnb dedicated for C and a separate feed horn.

They worked well enough i kept one it in service so i can do both C and KU and kept the other for a spare ,there are a lot of FTA channels on KU so its worth it

Choose carefully if you have a motor/actuator on the same coax /feedline out to the dish.

I use a separate arm /actuator and a stand alone controller on my big dish /bud ,to avoid conflicts with the hardware

Jim

Post by Jim »

On my 10' dish I use a Chapparal Bullseye 11 C/Ku orthomode feedhorn with Norsat C and Ku lnbs. On my smaller Ku I use only Invacom QPH-031. great performers on C-band and Ku feeds.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

I still have a few old bullseyes in the attic ,and spare motors ,you know the ones with the 5 volt polar motor ,along with a couple of drake esr 324s and their 70 mhz downconvertors ,65 degree LNAs too,they were big bucks in the old days .junked the stand alone GI 2100e abt 10 yrs ago

I cant believe what you get for your money these days ,compared to what you used to have to pay

Jim

Post by Jim »

Things sure have changed since I got into the hobby in 85' and yup I have a closet and shed packed with old electronics and receivers, dishes :lol:

ead

Post by ead »

I use the Titanium C1W-PLL both in Arizona and Minnesota and it works great.
10 foot mesh dish, ASC1 positioner, V8 super

Channel Master

Post by Channel Master »

I am still using old Uniden stand alone control boxes to move my c band dishes.

oscar2873

Post by oscar2873 »

Hi, titanium C1W-PLL and C2W-PLL give me the best result for me, I have aproximately 20 different lnbf c band and in the future I post a results for a comparisson.

Regards

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

I see that Gospell is offering C Band LNBFs very cheap,almost a give away with free shipping on ebay ,
Anyone tried one and are they garbage?

I was going to get a Titanium but wondered about one of these cheap jobs for testing .

Kinda reluctant because of the old saying you get what you pay for ...but sometimes you never know

Its almost like TVs even the cheap ones have a good picture

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Ordered a titanium today ,shipping is about a month away,i will post results after testing .
Currently using a DMS

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Marantz wrote:Ordered a titanium today ,shipping is about a month away,i will post results after testing .
Currently using a DMS
:o a month?

where are you Antarctica> :lol:

You wont be disappointed Although I have Norsat now I am still using them on my 1,8m (6 footer) and 4 of them in array

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi Marsat

No but in January or February it sure feels like it!
Thats why i ordered it now,want to get it installed before the snow flies
worst yet the shipping was almost 20 bucks .

Next i have to figure out getting an extra receiver ,the V7 max is great on C Band but want to stream around the house,i guess its called sat to ip ,never tried it ,at this time some have commented the V8 super is best
i could even just use a video sender or snake around some coax and forget streaming

For KU
I may just get another Max and use it for KU ,this way i have a spare in case of trouble
might even upgrade my KU dish to a little newer lnbf ,don't know cause i mainly use C Band . i see that they are offering new KU LNBFs >.1 noise ,pretty cheap

etlam34

Post by etlam34 »

I’ve tried the titanium , the bsc and a cheap one from wish, the last one gave me the best results on my mini bud. It was like 15$ shipped and it took about 3 weeks to get here (eastern canada).
Attachments
BFF7ED14-75FF-4D49-9607-8E6C5F2C1819.png
BFF7ED14-75FF-4D49-9607-8E6C5F2C1819.png (628.68 KiB) Viewed 14496 times

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Thanks for the info ,i might get one ,i will check flea-bay and if they are still cheap with free shipping ,15 bucks , how can you go wrong ,even for a spare in an emergency

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi All

I got the Titanium LNBF yesterday,it got here earlier than expected,i found it better than my 4 yr old DMS lnbf on most satellites , it could be that its just an improvement because of lower noise specs/ratings

It did improve channels that were not solid or dropped out from time to time and it was worth the change but it wasn't a huge night and day difference on normal satellites ,so the old DMS wasn't really too bad all things considered.

On two birds,i had bad T.I. with the old DMS and with the Titanium it was gone , i rescanned and got about another 30 or 40 channels altogether on just these two satellites

Bottom line...it does work better and i get more channels ,no complaints yet,hope it lasts a few years.

It was the Model C1-PLL WiMAX Filter C band LNBF

The dish is a 6 ft Andrews commercial spun aluminum ,.......receiver V7 Max

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Forgot to add Arc range on the above post

In use from 78W to 135W

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Marantz wrote:Forgot to add Arc range on the above post

In use from 78W to 135W
That's what ibrrakized first stability. I blame that on their filters. I go from 30 to 135. But due I do use anything after 127 and have a dedicated dish for Hispasat I go now from 43 to 127. Losing the circulars when I changed the lbnf. I have an extra Titanium that I don't use I maybe added again for those circular sat 49.5 and 47.5. But I am always stuck on 58 and 43.1 sometime I move to Mexican 113 and 117. But I have my iks on 7-7w so no need unless he
But happy for you that saw an improvement

Squom_Bok

Post by Squom_Bok »

will v7 HD receiver work with c band freq. 4.50 GHz to 4.80 GHz in higher range c band?

Return to “Accessories”