Scheduled recording fail

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

jeronimo017

Scheduled recording fail

Post by jeronimo017 »

It rarely works, normally the programmed time passes and nothing is recorded, and the programming is kept on the list.

Could you improve it on upcoming firmware? Thank you

Carry__Esp

Re: Scheduled recording fail

Post by Carry__Esp »

I agree!! It is terrible and frustating.

Un addition to that, would you mind to allow us records bigger than 3,99Gb??

Thank you.

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

Agree with both but the 3.99 gb thing is a fat 32 thing isn't it?

Carry__Esp

Post by Carry__Esp »

Yes, it is FAT32 limit, I am using a NTFS pendrive though.

So I think that we would need some kind of permission.

Carry__Esp

Post by Carry__Esp »

I would like to know if the dev team knows about this problem and if they are going to solve it.

It does not work and it is absolutely desperating.

Carry__Esp

Post by Carry__Esp »

Is there any news about this issue??

mani2

Post by mani2 »

Please, please, please help us, it's a big Banned Word. Recording does not work. Fix that soon.

eterno

Post by eterno »

Hi. Today Í have same problems for record.
Any solution?. I have last firmware: 673 version.
Thanks.

Blank

Post by Blank »

Carry__Esp wrote:Yes, it is FAT32 limit, I am using a NTFS pendrive though.

In the new v8 occurs the same?
2h recording of an FTA channel HD have 3.99GB?

Thanks!
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

eterno

Post by eterno »

Yes, I bought my V8 two weeks ago and recordings in HD are 3,99GB limits.

Blank wrote:
Carry__Esp wrote:Yes, it is FAT32 limit, I am using a NTFS pendrive though.

In the new v8 occurs the same?
2h recording of an FTA channel HD have 3.99GB?

Thanks!

Blank

Post by Blank »

eterno wrote:Yes, I bought my V8 two weeks ago and recordings in HD are 3,99GB limits.
So... 3.99GB = 2h recording channel FTA HD?
Thanks...
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960

saleupse

Post by saleupse »

jeronimo017 wrote:It rarely works, normally the programmed time passes and nothing is recorded, and the programming is kept on the list.

Could you improve it on upcoming firmware? Thank you
As far as I know V8 is not able to power on the receiver or to change channel by itself when a record is sheduled.
You need to have the receiver turned on and the desired channel must be already tuned.
80 cm Dish on Astra 19,2º with V8 Super.
Living in Spain, support also in German.

chector

Post by chector »

I made a test with the V8 NOVA original firmware and here is the results (always with the STB powered on)

Current Channel = A
1) programmed recoding in channel A --> OK!
2) programmed channel changing to B --> OK but change will return to channel A after the duration programmed (1 minute)
3) programmed recording in channel B --> Fail! changed the channel but the recording didn't start. After the duration programmed, it returns to channel A
4) programmed channel changing to B (1 minute), and then, programmed recording starting after that minute --> OK! after recording, it returns to A

Programming channel changing before the recording is a mess...
It would be nice to do it in only one step.

The return to original channel behavoiur is useless for me.

Blank

Post by Blank »

chector wrote:I made a test with the V8 NOVA original firmware and here is the results (always with the STB powered on)

Current Channel = A
1) programmed recoding in channel A --> OK!
2) programmed channel changing to B --> OK but change will return to channel A after the duration programmed (1 minute)
3) programmed recording in channel B --> Fail! changed the channel but the recording didn't start. After the duration programmed, it returns to channel A
4) programmed channel changing to B (1 minute), and then, programmed recording starting after that minute --> OK! after recording, it returns to A

Programming channel changing before the recording is a mess...
It would be nice to do it in only one step.

The return to original channel behavoiur is useless for me.
Chector, please, how big is the 1m recording of HD channel recording on the new V8?
And what is the termination of the file, mp4?

Thanks to test!

chector

Post by chector »

Blank wrote: Chector, please, how big is the 1m recording of HD channel recording on the new V8?
And what is the termination of the file, mp4?

Thanks to test!
Hi Blank.
The file extension is .ts (transport stream)
The file size depends on the bitrate. In my case, the channel has 10.4 Mb/s, so 1 minute = 82,6 MB. Some other channels habe 5 Mb/s, 7 Mb/s...

For your information, if your recording comes from an encrypted channel but you have softcam keys or cccam accounts to decrypt it, the result in your HDD will be decrypted, so you will be able to watch it in your PC or wherever. This feature is very useful for me.

Blank

Post by Blank »

chector wrote:Hi Blank.
The file size depends on the bitrate. In my case, the channel has 10.4 Mb/s, so 1 minute = 82,6 MB. Some other channels habe 5 Mb/s, 7 Mb/s...

For your information, if your recording comes from an encrypted channel but you have softcam keys or cccam accounts to decrypt it, the result in your HDD will be decrypted, so you will be able to watch it in your PC or wherever. This feature is very useful for me.
This function is also useful myth for me.
I'm waiting for my new V8 to arrive here in Brazil, yes.
So in regards to your response that was extremely useful to me, recording HD channels on the new V8 is in .ts and runs on the classic media player or vlc on the PC.
So I guess one hour of recording HD channel with 10mbps should give a 4956Mb right?

Thanks a lot!

lungo

Post by lungo »

Yo mandaria email para que lo solucionen.
Cuantos mas emails reciban seguro que nos hacen caso.

lungo

Post by lungo »

Enviarles emails a: service@freesat.cn
Que solucionen lo de las grabaciones, que graben audios y subtitulos, etc....

S.Mwendwa

Post by S.Mwendwa »

With what I have seen on another decoder, when recording is scheduled, there is a .TEN extension file that is saved on flash disc. In this file there is a detail that decoder reads when boot timer starts device. I think it has details of channel and time or something. Therein, switch happens when time comes without prompting user. GT Media team, take note
Will get more details.

Blank

Post by Blank »

lungo wrote:Enviarles emails a: service@freesat.cn
Que solucionen lo de las grabaciones, que graben audios y subtitulos, etc....
Dear Lungo, here Team GT Media already observes the suggestions and complaints of the users and leads to the developers to be studied the solution in the next update.

I believe it is not necessary to send emails, I trust the Team always observe and take the work seriously.

That's why I think Freesat has been my favorite brand since I've been here in the forum.
;)

Blank

Post by Blank »

The file size depends on the bitrate. In my case, the channel has 10.4 Mb/s, so 1 minute = 82,6 MB. Some other channels habe 5 Mb/s, 7 Mb/s..
Hi Chector!

Does this .ts record maintain the same video resolution as the source?
Example:
1-Channel SD 720x480i> Record.ts 720x480i Mpeg2.ts
2-Channel HD 1920x1080i> Record.ts 1920x1080i

That is, does the recording on the New V8 maintain the same video resolution while preserving the original quality, or does it lower the resolution for HD to 720x480i as other older receivers did?

chector

Post by chector »

Blank wrote:
The file size depends on the bitrate. In my case, the channel has 10.4 Mb/s, so 1 minute = 82,6 MB. Some other channels habe 5 Mb/s, 7 Mb/s..
Hi Chector!

Does this .ts record maintain the same video resolution as the source?
Example:
1-Channel SD 720x480i> Record.ts 720x480i Mpeg2.ts
2-Channel HD 1920x1080i> Record.ts 1920x1080i

That is, does the recording on the New V8 maintain the same video resolution while preserving the original quality, or does it lower the resolution for HD to 720x480i as other older receivers did?
Hi Blank.
The recorded files keep THE SAME quaility as received.
Also, it mantains all the audio tracks and subtitles if it has it.
In fact, the recording means to dump the stream directly to the HDD (without scrambling if you have keys for it).

Blank

Post by Blank »

The recorded files keep THE SAME quaility as received.
Also, it mantains all the audio tracks and subtitles if it has it.

In fact, the recording means to dump the stream directly to the HDD (without scrambling if you have keys for it).
;)

Thanks a lot!!!!!
:mrgreen:

S.Mwendwa

Post by S.Mwendwa »

Noted the following.
If you have a timer (wake up) before timer (record timer) that combine to have at least two minutes of wake up time before recording, it works 100%

For example, if target is 12;00 hrs set it as follows ;-
Timer 1 wake up timer - Any channel - 11:58-12:00
Timer 2 Record timer - Target channel - 12:00 to whatever time.

That way you manipulate the decoder to stay on at least 2 minutes and it shall record consistently.
If device was off, then it shall start, record and go off after record completion.
If device was on, it will switch channel, record and get back to initial channel on watch mode.

Cheers

Guayabito

Post by Guayabito »

Can somebody tell me what brand, model and capacity of hard drive of hard drive works with the V8? I have two and none get recognized by the unit. (BTW. I have read posts from people that are using up to 2TB hard drives with the unit.)

In Spanish:
Alguien me puede decir que marca, modelo y capacidad de disco duro estan usando con el V8? Yo he probado dos discos diferentes y la unidad no los reconoce. (Por cierto he leiso posts aqui en el foro de gente que esta usando Discod Duros de 2TB con estas unidades)

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”