网站管理员

GTMedia V8NOVA Firmware (10/05/2018)Experience

Post by Lining »

GTMedia V8Nova Change Log
10/05/2018
change log:
Please update by all code mode.
1) Add some options same as v8Super.
2)Support V8Super/V8Golden channel list.
3) Error EPG char.
--- thanks Jose Lopez help to send ts files for testing..
4) Some audio channel is not smoothly.
5) fixed some QA bugs

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7791&sid=9556f86b3 ... 9aeceef79f
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia V8NOVA Firmware (10/05/2018)Experience

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Thanks Lining, The link of GTMedia V8Nova Rease Note.rar may be did not download because this files contain inside in firmware files. you can download V8Nova_20180510.zip only.

chector

Post by chector »

Hi everyone.

After loaded the new firmware in my STB and a couple of test...

- The spanish channels and EPG chars are OK!
- The panel bright option works now!
- New option to disable CW Checksum (Not tested at all)
- Selected option in interface has now black color (instead of white)

Before the upgrade, I made a backup of the 3 types of files it can be dump:
- DB Data
- DB data + sys
- All code

After the upgrade, my 2 DB data files can't be loaded, it shows the next message:
'File isn't match with this BOX'
So I haven't the possibility to restore my CCCam Keys nor my Channel list.
In the previous firmware version those functions worked very well.

I could downgraded to the prevoius firm version I backed up...

So... how I can follow these instructions?
GTMedia V8NOVA .bin
Please do the following steps:
1)backup the channel list. (neither DB file types can't be loaded later)
2)export the softcam.key to usb device (there is no option to export the cccam keys file individually)
3)update the firmware to box by allcode mode
4)update channel list then import softcam.key (same as 2) )

Post by 840 »

timer recording does not work.stand by does not work, when you turn off the nova in application mode the v box dish mover stays on.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

This is not good, you killed more than you fixed.

machteck

Post by machteck »

Same problem here can not reinstall my channel list, so reloaded my backup waiting for fix. :!:
Larry

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

machteck wrote:Same problem here can not reinstall my channel list, so reloaded my backup waiting for fix. :!:
This new release, You can import DB data files from Freesat v8 super or v8 golden into this box but you can not import previous backup DB data files.
I think this firmware more bug need to fixed.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

I think with this software they fixed nothing and added more bugs,JMHO.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

I did not backup previous V8 Nova Database. Just backup my V8 Super Database and Softcam. Updated the V8 Nova with todays file and update the UserDB and Keys from my V8 Super and everything is working great. I see the lockups are working better. Still the export softcam named as

export_softcam

But now showing new ECMs founded.

User need to take time and play for a while before posting results. Sometimes user post results within minutes of the release. Take your time , play around, go back and forward until the box set properly. Still there are bugs to be fix.

tanka

Post by tanka »

New firmware and only problems?No thankyou .I don't loading at that moment no more channel lists and softcam from my v8super.I did new setup for the v8nova .I just keeping the old firmware.Did have only miner problems

Blank

Post by Blank »

840 wrote:timer recording does not work.stand by does not work, when you turn off the nova in application mode the v box dish mover stays on.
Soon the main function stopped working !!!
The PVR function for me is essential ... a shame even the new V8 does not work well the PVR Function!

:(
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Re the New "Oragne" software (10 May 2018)

CAUTION Major Fault: The LNB power is not turned off in standby mode.

DiSEqC switching:
The Nova has no option to select for DiSEqC repeat like the Golden has.

With DiSEqC 1.1 switching only, the Nova sends 3 DiSEqC commands to the switch. The Golden sends 1. (No repeat selected)
With DiSEqC 1.1 AND 1.0 selected the Nova sends TWELVE DiSEqC commands. The Golden sends 2.
This takes 4 seconds to send!!!

These responses are for both DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 selected:----------------------------
When you change channel it takes 4 seconds for the full channel change.
If you are changing channel in the same TP you see the new channel but do not get sound until the 12 DiSEqC commands are sent.
If you change to a new TP you see nothing four 4 seconds.

If you have your channels arranged like this:
TVNZ 2 . . .12483 h 22500 Optus D1
THREE . . . 12456 h 22500 Optus D1
TVNZ Duke 12483 H 22500 Optus D1
If you press the up channel button twice from TVNZ 1 you see this:
TVNZ Duke, no sound for 4 seconds. Hope Channel (on the same 12483 TP as THREE ) for 3 seconds, then TNVZ Duke for 3 second, no sound. It takes 9 seconds for full channel change.
If you start on TVNZ Duke and press down channel twice, the same thing happens but with HGTV from the same TP as THREE.
The Golden did a little of this, I would see just a moment of the middle channel as it switched, but in only two or three seconds total channel change time

All this is due to these 12 DiSEqC commands being sent, first for the "THREE" channel and then for the second channel.

If you select a "No Signal" channel and wait 5 seconds for the unit to decide there is no signal, it starts resending the DiSEqC commands, repeated for ever.
When you change to a OK channel, these resent commands continue for some time on the "NO Signal" channel and it takes 10 seconds for the OK channel to be selected.

These responses are for DiSEqC 1.0 ONLY selected:----------------------------
When you change channel to a new satellite, three commands are send and the channel appears quickly.
If you change channel on the same satellite, no commands are sent, even for a change from V to H polarity and the new channel appears very quickly.
This is great, all but for the 3 DiSEqC 1.1 commands being sent when only one is needed.

These responses are for DiSEqC 1.1 ONLY selected:----------------------------
For me this failed!!!
I had the unit flashing both H and V and the 22kHz was flashing on a H polarity channel selected.
V polarity would selected, but did not connect to the sat.
I ended with the Nova not sending any changes to the LNB cable.
It was locked on a setting UNTIL I unplugged the LNB cable.
This is interesting as other have said that their Nova's locked until they unplugged the LNB cable.

The Nova needs the option for DiSEqC repeat like the Golden has.
I also think The Nova is sending the DiSEqC commands three times and then doubling this if DiSEqC 1.0 is selected, making 12 commands sent. 3 for the 1.1 and 3 for the 1.0 and then send a second time.
Some older DiSEqC 1.0 switches needed the command sent twice to switch, but when this is done the DiSEqC 1.1 command is not needed to be resent.
I also wonder if the Nova is waiting for return to be sent from the DiSEqC switch, as is the format for DiSEqC 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2?
These lockups that require the LNB cable to be unplugged are odd, but I think they are related to this over sending of DiSEqC commands.

For those of you with this lock up problem, could you try scanning the satellite that locked during scan, with no switch and no DiSEqC settings to see if the Nova does not lock?

With my cascade switch network and this 4 second channel change time I can not use my Nova with the new software.
I do not recall this happening with the first software, so I will return to that for now.

The V8 Golden user data loaded with out the Terrestrial part, a good fix.

I will test further with DiSEqC 1.0 and a 4 port switch.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Feralkiwi wrote:Re the New "Oragne" software (10 May 2018)

DiSEqC switching:

With DiSEqC 1.1 switching only, the Nova sends 3 DiSEqC commands to the switch. The Golden sends 1. (No repeat selected)
With DiSEqC 1.1 AND 1.0 selected the Nova sends TWELVE DiSEqC commands. The Golden sends 2.

These responses are for both DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 selected:----------------------------
If you are changing channel in the same TP you see the new channel but do not get sound until the 12 DiSEqC commands are sent.

TVNZ Duke, no sound for 4 seconds. Hope Channel (on the same 12483 TP as THREE ) for 3 seconds, then TNVZ Duke for 3 second, no sound. It takes 9 seconds for full channel change.
If you start on TVNZ Duke and press down channel twice, the same thing happens but with HGTV from the same TP as THREE.
The Golden did a little of this, I would see just a moment of the middle channel as it switched, but in only two or three seconds total channel change time

All this is due to these 12 DiSEqC commands being sent, first for the "THREE" channel and then for the second channel.

If you select a "No Signal" channel and wait 5 seconds for the unit to decide there is no signal, it starts resending the DiSEqC commands, repeated for ever.
When you change to a OK channel, these resent commands continue for some time on the "NO Signal" channel and it takes 10 seconds for the OK channel to be selected.

When you change channel to a new satellite, three commands are send and the channel appears quickly.
If you change channel on the same satellite, no commands are sent, even for a change from V to H polarity and the new channel appears very quickly.
This is great, all but for the 3 DiSEqC 1.1 commands being sent when only one is needed.

For me this failed!!!
I had the unit flashing both H and V and the 22kHz was flashing on a H polarity channel selected.
This is interesting as other have said that their Nova's locked until they unplugged the LNB cable.

I also think The Nova is sending the DiSEqC commands three times and then doubling this if DiSEqC 1.0 is selected, making 12 commands sent. 3 for the 1.1 and 3 for the 1.0 and then send a second time.
Some older DiSEqC 1.0 switches needed the command sent twice to switch, but when this is done the DiSEqC 1.1 command is not needed to be resent.
I also wonder if the Nova is waiting for return to be sent from the DiSEqC switch, as is the format for DiSEqC 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2?
These lockups that require the LNB cable to be unplugged are odd, but I think they are related to this over sending of DiSEqC commands.

For those of you with this lock up problem, could you try scanning the satellite that locked during scan, with no switch and no DiSEqC settings to see if the Nova does not lock?

With my cascade switch network and this 4 second channel change time I can not use my Nova with the new software.
I do not recall this happening with the first software, so I will return to that for now.

Owen
The LNB power not being turned off at standby mode has been there from day 1 for my Nova.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Feralkiwi wrote:Re the New "Oragne" software (10 May 2018)

DiSEqC switching:

For me this failed!!!

Owen

Thank you very much for testing.
I also test your question.
1. Standby LNB voltage output problem, we will solve in the next version
2. DiSEqC 1.0 1.1 different satellite switching programs, no signal program switching signal program, slow playback speed,
3. Tested V8 NOVA, playing speed around 5S. We corrected it based on the V8 SUPER, and the V8SUPER test was around 3S.
3. DiSEqC 1.0 and DiSEqC 1.1 are connected to each other and the picture comes out before the sound comes out.
4. When DiSEqC 1.0 and DiSEqC 1.1 are connected to each other, signal attenuation and signal instability occur.

We will solve it in the next version. . . . . .

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

chector wrote:Hi everyone.

After loaded the new firmware in my STB and a couple of test...

- The spanish channels and EPG chars are OK!
- The panel bright option works now!
- New option to disable CW Checksum (Not tested at all)
- Selected option in interface has now black color (instead of white)

Before the upgrade, I made a backup of the 3 types of files it can be dump:
- DB Data
- DB data + sys
- All code

After the upgrade, my 2 DB data files can't be loaded, it shows the next message:

I could downgraded to the prevoius firm version I backed up...

So... how I can follow these instructions?
GTMedia V8NOVA .bin
Please do the following steps:
1)backup the channel list. (neither DB file types can't be loaded later)
2)export the softcam.key to usb device (there is no option to export the cccam keys file individually)
3)update the firmware to box by allcode mode
4)update channel list then import softcam.key (same as 2) )

My test is working properly, V8 SUPER V8 GOlden
- Database data
- DB data + sys
- All code
Database backup and import work can be.

note:
Does not support V8 NOVA import V8 SUPER V8 GOlden

Older V8 version of SUPER V8 GOlden DB recommends upgrading to the latest software and backing it up to import V8 NOVA

chector

Post by chector »

Lining wrote:

My test is working properly, V8 SUPER V8 GOlden
- Database data
- DB data + sys
- All code
Database backup and import work can be.

note:
Does not support V8 NOVA import V8 SUPER V8 GOlden

Older V8 version of SUPER V8 GOlden DB recommends upgrading to the latest software and backing it up to import V8 NOVA
Hi Lining.
I'm not sure if you tested the same than I did.

I mean, my test was:
1) Starting from V8 Nova with release version firmware
2) Backup the channel list from V8 Nova
3) Upgrade the V8 Nova with the 10/05/2018 firmware version
4) Restore the channel list made in step 2. Then failed with the message 'File isn't match with this BOX'

In other words, the channel list is not backed up from Super nor Golden, but from Nova.
I customized my own channel list as my STB arrived at home, and I can't restore it after the upgrade.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

chector wrote:
Hi Lining.
I'm not sure if you tested the same than I did.

I mean, my test was:
1) Starting from V8 Nova with release version firmware
2) Backup the channel list from V8 Nova
3) Upgrade the V8 Nova with the 10/05/2018 firmware version
4) Restore the channel list made in step 2. Then failed with the message 'File isn't match with this BOX'

In other words, the channel list is not backed up from Super nor Golden, but from Nova.
I customized my own channel list as my STB arrived at home, and I can't restore it after the upgrade.
I think that was what Lining was saying.
You can still load old version from the Golden but only newly saved DB's from the Nova.
They must have changed something in the way the old Nova list saved to fix the problem of the Nova loading the Terrestrial part of the Golden lists.
A bit of a pain, but now the lists will swap from unit to unit.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Lining wrote: Answers by Feralkiwi in green

2. DiSEqC 1.0 1.1 different satellite switching programs, no signal program switching signal program,
slow playback speed,
more correctly in English: Slow channel change speed.
3. Tested V8 NOVA, playing speed around 5S. We corrected it based on the V8 SUPER, and the V8SUPER test was around 3S.
3. DiSEqC 1.0 and DiSEqC 1.1 are connected to each other and the picture comes out before the sound comes out.
Only because the DiSEqC commands are not all sent
4. When DiSEqC 1.0 and DiSEqC 1.1 are connected to each other, signal attenuation and signal instability occur.
This is not from signal stability.

With the Nova when BOTH DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 are used the Nova sends too many DiSEqC commands to the switches.
These 12 commands take a long time and the channel audio is not turned on until these commands are all sent.

If you change the software to send only ONE command to the DiSEqC 1.1 switch and only ONE command to the DiSEqC 1.0 switch the channel will change 6 times faster.

The V8 Golden has a menu option to set DiSEqC repeat, "None", "Once" or "Twice".
This will fix half the problem.
The unit is still sending even the "Twice" menu option as it would be in the Golden (three commands) two times, making 6 commands sent fro DiSEqC 1.0.

I will try to make a video of this for you to see the problem.

Owen

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Lining wrote: Answers by Feralkiwi in green

2. DiSEqC 1.0 1.1 different satellite switching programs, no signal program switching signal program,
slow playback speed,
more correctly in English: Slow channel change speed.
Only because the DiSEqC commands are not all sent
This is not from signal stability.

With the Nova when BOTH DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 are used the Nova sends too many DiSEqC commands to the switches.
These 12 commands take a long time and the channel audio is not turned on until these commands are all sent.

If you change the software to send only ONE command to the DiSEqC 1.1 switch and only ONE command to the DiSEqC 1.0 switch the channel will change 6 times faster.

The V8 Golden has a menu option to set DiSEqC repeat, "None", "Once" or "Twice".
This will fix half the problem.
The unit is still sending even the "Twice" menu option as it would be in the Golden (three commands) two times, making 6 commands sent fro DiSEqC 1.0.

I will try to make a video of this for you to see the problem.

Owen

I understand that I will add this feature to the software.
1.Diseqc Repeat ------none------Once---Twice-----

Blank

Post by Blank »

Lining wrote:We will solve it in the next version. . . . . .
Linning.

I bought a new V8, I'm waiting to get here in Brazil.
But, I would like to ask you some questions and suggestions, please follow:

1- Will the recording problem be solved at the next Firmware?
2. Can I use an external 500GB HDD in NTFS for FTA HD channel recordings?
3- In NTFS does it go from 3.99GB?
4- Is it possible to insert the function to change the background color of the menus? Examples: Black, Blue or Silver?
5. V8 New Play MKV movies with AC3 audio?
6 - V8 New has option in the midia player to change the audio option and movie legend in MKV when it has?

Thanks a lot!
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960

Blank

Post by Blank »

Above I asked questions and suggestions, such as implementing the option to change the background color of the menus just to make it easier to see both TRC and LCD TV, okay?

Just suggestions, thank you.
;)

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Blank wrote:Above I asked questions and suggestions, such as implementing the option to change the background color of the menus just to make it easier to see both TRC and LCD TV, okay?

Just suggestions, thank you.
;)
I think so you said.

Blank

Post by Blank »

Eak_Dumnern wrote:I think so you said.
Excuses really I had already said.
Thanks Eak for seeing the suggestions!

;)

kemon

Post by kemon »

on SAT LIST... i try delete all sat list but v8 nova reboot by itself and the sat list still there..

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes I had this too.
My Nova locked up after I deleted all the sats on the factory list.
I needed to do a flash.bin recovery.

I recommend you delete all but one and then start your own list.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”