Minibud 1.2m

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Marsat

Re: Minibud 1.2m

Post by Marsat »

etlam34 wrote: When i adjust the signal on 3820 i lose cw.
It shouldn't Something is off.
Satellite is on the same position for any transponder. They do have different power and antennas, that is the reason I always use the spectrum analyzer to see the peak of each transponder, tell my son (MiaSat) what the heck did with a $900 device.... grrrrr

But still you did a GREAT job. I dont think you can get more juice than that, almost the same level a signal possible a little more quality but without having the proper tools I cannot say if the measure is accurate or not. By the way I Used for my 1,2m a V9S Super that was forgotten with spider webs :oops:

And last, Hey etlam a 1,8m is not much of a difference there

etlam34

Post by etlam34 »

Finally got the titanium and yes it’s worth every penny! 77% on byu, about 3-5% more on other tps, now i got univision also. Still can’t get cw when the sun is out. I’ll try later during the evening.

1deerehunter

Post by 1deerehunter »

BYU on G17 and ZNS bahama on ses 2 are the strongest I get here in the mid atlantic area...

etlam34

Post by etlam34 »

Thats good to know, do you know other transponders i could try to get with the titanium lnb and 1.2m geosatpro dish?

Chocolatin

Post by Chocolatin »

entre mas grados tenga el lnb mucho mejor tengo un 25K

1deerehunter

Post by 1deerehunter »

I like ses1 at 101w heros and Icons, decades and movies 3957 v i think they usually do well for me even with lower signal quality than some others note the lower fec numbers( error correction) important for smaller dishes as well as no active transponders on the closely spaced adjacent birds

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Chocolatin wrote:entre mas grados tenga el lnb mucho mejor tengo un 25K
No esta mal, cuanto mas alta es la temperatura es mayor ruido
un LNB de 15K es mejor que 25K
La forma de medir el Factor de ruido es a traves de Grados Kelvin (hay tres maneras) cuanto mas cerca de ) el nivel de ruido es menor ego el LNB es mucho mejor
La otra manera en en db, 0.1db es mucho mejor que un LNB de 0.3 db

Chocolatin

Post by Chocolatin »

hola yo lo lo decía porque tenia uno en mi antena de 3 metros de 13 k y lo he cambiado por una de 25 k y me subió 2 puntos de señal
por eso dije que era mejor gracias por tu aclaración no sabia eso

etlam34

Post by etlam34 »

That cheap lnb on the picture can get both cw and the fox mux 3820. Titanium can’t. Thats weird.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

etlam34 wrote:That cheap lnb on the picture can get both cw and the fox mux 3820. Titanium can’t. Thats weird.
No is not weird etlam think,
If you eliminate noise, electromagnetic interference , white noise, spurious emissions through those premium LNB, because that what they do. They tend to ALSO eliminate low power TP
But also these "premium" LNB are very sensitive to alimnent, a just simple 3/64 inches AKA 1 milimiter makes a HUGE difference.

Example:
I am surrounded of "radio garbage" 4 Military radars, three 4 LTE towers each one 5 providers each.

Common LNB It did work, BUT the signal fluctuates.
Titanium solved that problem, but was more difficult to me to adjust it, why? I can say it in easy words.. it like it "narrows the beams" make it more difficult to align it, so just a minimum adjustment it can make you loose 1 or more TP usually those with low power
It Happened to me on 55.5W. in less than 1 minutes I got the Sat, 2 to 3 min to supposedly perfect alignment. Scanned and wow! 95% Signal and most of the TP's 74 to 85 % quality, then I realized through a friend I did not get the Fox and FX from Argentina and Chile, go figure! I didn't even touched the LNB screws just forced a little bit and Voila ! That TP Showed up!

But The problem FOR ME that when I align the LNB I have to go facing the dish with a ladder so, I am not skinny, though I am taking 1/4 of the dish, hence the signal drops or because of refraction goes up! giving me false readings.

That is the reason I invested on downconverter block PLL LNB. So I can adjust in Ku Band then C Band is done

etlam34

Post by etlam34 »

Thanks for the info, I’ll keep playing with my 3 c band lnbs.

Scratch2765

Post by Scratch2765 »

I just bought the titanium low noise LNB I am going to install on my 10 foot here in Canada was looking at a mini bud for the Alaska mix up here I will post results on the titanium I assume a conical feed horn is a must for a mini bud

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Scratch2765 wrote:I just bought the titanium low noise LNB I am going to install on my 10 foot here in Canada was looking at a mini bud for the Alaska mix up here I will post results on the titanium I assume a conical feed horn is a must for a mini bud
Conical is when you use a Ku Antenna in C band and the scalar is tuned for c-band frequencies. The effect on KU frequencies will be illumination shaping.

I would try
1) without ANY scalar and get the best results
2) Add Conical scalar ring and compare
I hear that some Ku antenna due the shape dont need. I dont know just I heard. Is it technically possible?, yes

Scratch2765

Post by Scratch2765 »

Getting closer to the mini bud. I ordered the LNB 4/conical scaler weeks ago (didn't want to rob the one off my 10 footer). as it is coming from china it may be a bit longer to get here. I already have a large KU dish so I will see if it is big enough (1.1m +/-)

Hey MARSAT, so what your saying is try it without any scaler at all, just straight lnb? Interesting.....I will definitely try. As the satellite footprint I want to tune in is very strong up here (Alaska/Northern North America), it will be interesting what kind of signal quality I get. Thanks for the hints!

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi

So any conclusions on the titanium lnbf .is it better than most and worth swapping out over other models ?

Thanks in advance for any comments since i am contemplating on new lnbf before the snow flys.

I have a 6 ft Andrews spun aluminum used for C band North America

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Scratch2765 wrote:Getting closer to the mini bud. I ordered the LNB 4/conical scaler weeks ago (didn't want to rob the one off my 10 footer). as it is coming from china it may be a bit longer to get here. I already have a large KU dish so I will see if it is big enough (1.1m +/-)

Hey MARSAT, so what your saying is try it without any scaler at all, just straight lnb? Interesting.....I will definitely try. As the satellite footprint I want to tune in is very strong up here (Alaska/Northern North America), it will be interesting what kind of signal quality I get. Thanks for the hints!
Technically should
Practically I haven’t tried.
I could. But every single day raining in Miami.
Will try soon and let you know

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Marantz wrote:Hi

So any conclusions on the titanium lnbf .is it better than most and worth swapping out over other models ?

Thanks in advance for any comments since i am contemplating on new lnbf before the snow flys.

I have a 6 ft Andrews spun aluminum used for C band North America
With that size you will get around 50% of a 8ft. Theoretically and in technically proven
That what I was working on exactly how many tp/ channels I lose

Example 58w I get over 384 channels on 8ft. With 6ft mit doesn’t reach 190
Still 8ft some tp are weak
Using titanium on 6ft in array of 4 so I get 4 sat simultaneously

skideric

Post by skideric »

Just started New Thread on my Mini Bud setup on G16 !

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Ordered a titanium today,its about a month for delivery ,i will post the results compared to the DMS

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The problems I have had with LNB's including a titanium, is that they drop off the quality / signal after a few months.
I put the new titanium on Asiasat 7 and got 350 channels, the old LNB had 290.
After a few months the titanium dropped to scanning 300.

This may be from ground currents and or earth loop currents from the local electric fence.
Any way a new set top box or new LNB ups the number of channels for a while and then goes down hill.

I had seen older boxes that if you had a couple of LNB cable shorts the sensitivity of the box drop a lot.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:The problems I have had with LNB's including a titanium, is that they drop off the quality / signal after a few months.
I put the new titanium on Asiasat 7 and got 350 channels, the old LNB had 290.
After a few months the titanium dropped to scanning 300.

This may be from ground currents and or earth loop currents from the local electric fence.
Any way a new set top box or new LNB ups the number of channels for a while and then goes down hill.

I had seen older boxes that if you had a couple of LNB cable shorts the sensitivity of the box drop a lot.

Owen

You have NO IDEA the damage it cause to the devices when they are outdoors, sunlight mostly, moist rain, cold, heat
remember inside the little box is a circuit board with crystal, diodes, resistances a CMOS downconverter etc

Imagine the heat here sometimes reach over 100 and humidity not suitable for arthritics :roll:

Suggestion:
Taken from my professor Nelson G that passed away wrap the LNB on foil giving space to "breath" will dissipate heat will give some cover to rain and is not that tight to contain the moisture

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”