A F N Networks have announced to move their Channels from Intelsat 10-02 to SES5 for DTH Atlantic ocean Region

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

GCM

Re: A F N Networks have announced to move their Channels from Intelsat 10-02 to SES5 for DTH Atlantic ocean Region

Post by GCM »

Hi chi,
Thanks for the update but unfortunately I'm unable to switch to the new Satelite because i need to replace my old dish.
Will do it as soon as i buy a new dish.

Best regards

CHI

Re: A F N Networks have announced to move their Channels from Intelsat 10-02 to SES5 for DTH Atlantic ocean Region

Post by CHI »

GCM wrote:Hi chi,
Thanks for the update but unfortunately I'm unable to switch to the new Satelite because i need to replace my old dish.
Will do it as soon as i buy a new dish.

Best regards
Quite understandable, that require some preparations!

GCM

Post by GCM »

Oh yes! I need to do it once and for all!

GCM

Post by GCM »

Hi chi,
Just positioned the my new dish to the new A F N Satelite.The singal strength was 70 and quality was 60,during the day time and picture was superb.After 1830hrs Zambia time,the strength and quality started dropping from 70 to 60 and 60 to 30 back and forth respectively.
The picture is breaking up and pixelation is occurring.What could be the solution to this problem?

Regards

CHI

Post by CHI »

First of all leaving aside signal dwindling! That's normal.
For it to be stable you have to do the following.
Make sure your lnb is set to Horizontal, ie facing towards your right instead of left.
Make sure the dielectric plate is inserted a little deep inside the lnb. To do this you may need to rub off the edges of the dielectric and insert it again untill its deep enough! My first finger after the thumb reaches 3 quarters inside!
It should be separating the two probes inside the lnb( those two small antennas inside the lnb.
With that setting your tp should be H not V
from there, use this tp 3702 H 4999. Make sure the signal intensity is 75 and the quality does not go below 69, then select the A F N and you will hit 66 or 69 if not elevate very slowly while checking your signal quality level.
I always find that A F N is a little above 3702h4999.
If still the signal doesn't get improved check the azimuth ie turn left or right.

GCM

Post by GCM »

Thanks for the instructions given! Will try them once i get home after 17hrs

GCM

Post by GCM »

Hi,
Been home seen 1630hrs and the picture has been stable so far at S 70 and Q 60.

Will do needful if the picture misbehave tomorrow.

GCM

Post by GCM »

The picture has started breaking up the last one
Hour and will have to sort it out tomorrow following your earlier advise.

GCM

Post by GCM »

Hi,
I have tried working on lnb And azimuth but the S and Q still at 70 and 60 respectively.The picture looks stable so far.
It possible to achieve more than 60 quality?

CHI

Post by CHI »

GCM wrote:Hi,
I have tried working on lnb And azimuth but the S and Q still at 70 and 60 respectively.The picture looks stable so far.
It possible to achieve more than 60 quality?
Yes its possible mine is 66 but it goes to 69 smtms.

GCM

Post by GCM »

Oh okay, which area are you in?
Will try tomorrow again to work on the lnb and azimuth to see what best quality i can achieve.
The picture has been breaking the last 1hr 40m and its quite disturbing.

Osazzytech

Post by Osazzytech »

Hello
My name is osazzy from Nigeria west africa, i heard about the latest change of satellite by A F N from intelsat 10-02 to SES 5 and that they are moving their channels to SES 5. Please can someone give the new parameters such as the degree, the position, s/r, frequency and polarity.
Thanks

CHI

Post by CHI »

GCM wrote:Oh okay, which area are you in?
Will try tomorrow again to work on the lnb and azimuth to see what best quality i can achieve.
The picture has been breaking the last 1hr 40m and its quite disturbing.
I'm your neighbor, Tanzanian!
Now if you are ready to go lengths, this is my sure method and always when I do this I'm sure of hitting A F N!
Remove dielectric plate from the lnb, Point your dish to 68.5 East, input this TP 3975H19500! Get it to reach 90-95 signal quality by adjusting the lnb. The best time to do this its around 11:00 am or 6:00 in the morning!
Once you get that.
Input this TP 3740:30000 it will read around 66 or 69. Once its that My friend, you already kicked in. Once you turn the dish now to SES 5 A F N Must read 66-69.
However, make sure the dielectric plate cuts in between the probes inside the LNB. And the tp should read in H not V. See the photo.
Attachments
IMG_20180922_115645_233.jpg
IMG_20180922_115645_233.jpg (321.81 KiB) Viewed 6344 times

Kyiwanuka

Post by Kyiwanuka »

Sure, thanks for the update but Freesat can't open the new encryption!

Kyiwanuka

Post by Kyiwanuka »

Please find the attachment for parameters.
Attachments
IMG-20180908-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20180908-WA0010.jpg (83.77 KiB) Viewed 6258 times

Osazzytech

Post by Osazzytech »

thanks a lot to everyone, i am grateful for the reply gotten so far.

GCM

Post by GCM »

Hi chi,
Thanks for your extra info And attachment.Will do as per your advice tomorrow.

GCM

Post by GCM »

Hi chi,
Back again on LNB,what works here is single solution LNB on A F N not standard LNB.What type of LNB are you using over there?

Your response please?

CHI

Post by CHI »

Kyiwanuka wrote:Sure, thanks for the update but Freesat can't open the new encryption!
It does give it like 10-15 minutes!

CHI

Post by CHI »

GCM wrote:Hi chi,
Back again on LNB,what works here is single solution LNB on A F N not standard LNB.What type of LNB are you using over there?

Your response please?
Not true at all, whether single solution or standard they both work! I tested today using gulf star 777 I got 69 and I tested a single solution lnb Eurostar es 21 and I managed to get 66.just follow the instructions I posted above, you will not regret.

GCM

Post by GCM »

I will definitely follow the instructions you have given and will also try the gulf star 317 LNB and post the result today or Monday.

As i write the A F N has been gone for last 3 hours (Signal 0 and Quality 0).

Kyiwanuka

Post by Kyiwanuka »

Hai CHI,
you said I should wait for about 15 minutes, I have v7 combo not v8, does it also work on v7 combo, is there anyone using v7 combo working on A F N.

CHI

Post by CHI »

Kyiwanuka wrote:Hai CHI,
you said I should wait for about 15 minutes, I have v7 combo not v8, does it also work on v7 combo, is there anyone using v7 combo working on A F N.
The key emulator in v8 is the same in V7 with 03/08/2018.

GCM

Post by GCM »

Hi chi,
Managed to face the rectangular area of the lnb to my right and it seems to have paid off so far though had some break up of picture initially.Changed the Rg6 cable and the picture has been perfect since yesterday 18hrs.
Will buy a new cable tomorrow as the one I'm using is from the dump yard of my house.I suppose if i buy new cable,i will be home and dry.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”