Golden V8 standby on power on

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

spartabis

Golden V8 standby on power on

Post by spartabis »

I recently bought the V8 golden combo receiver as someone mentioned in the past that in the menu there is an option to make the box goes on standby when switched on. I went on the menu option and there were two of these options, one to make the box boot up to application which i beleive makes the box comes on straightaway when power up and the other option to make the box goes on standby. I selected the standby option but every time when I plug the box into power or when i switch the back power button to I position, the box just started up straightaway. it doesn't stay on standby in order for me to press on the remote or the front on button to start it up. do you guys know why?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Golden V8 standby on power on

Post by Feralkiwi »

It may be that when you power off it needs to be in standby?

I have not used this option so I will check it today.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

spartabis

Post by spartabis »

hi..well I don't think that is what it is suppose to do because when you power them off They just go on standby anyway. I think this option is suppose to put them on standby when you plug them into the main power, as many boxes manufactured for western market are suppose to do e.g SKY boxes, DVD players, Blu ry players etc....I find the idea of the box powering up straightaway, like many android TV boxes do, is not ideal. So if this standby option doesn't do anything then it will be very disappointing.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I checked my Golden.

I set the option for Power ON Standby.
I then cut the power and power up again: It when to active, not standby.

I checked the option was set and then pressed the power button on the remote and the unit went to standby.
I cut the power and powered on and it booted and went to standby.

It seams you need to use the power button on the remote to send it to standby once to activate this option.
It now boots and goes to standby every time it is powered on.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

spartabis

Post by spartabis »

Thanks Owen for trying this. I followed your steps and the box goes now on standby but there still some culprit with this option and I think the developers spent little time testing this or not knowing how important this feature can be for some users. You will notice if you try this again that When the standby option is set to on, when you power off the box with the remote control to put it on standby, from time to time I have notice the display on the TV doesn't goes off. The picture still remains especially when you are on the menu. secondly the box front led, which is supposed to be red when on standby stays green, making me to believe that the energy consumption is still running quite high as something is running in the background, especially as time to time the display doesn't goes off when it suppose to just turn off and goes on standby. It is a pity

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have not checked the Golden, but other brand units I had used 480-mA ON and 380mA off.
The CPU still runs to check the IR for remote commands. All that is powered off is the LNB and the HDMi output.
I always cut power at the wall.
A friend got power box that had a remote control and used this to turn off all the entertainment equipment.
TV, Stereo, VCR, DVR, Satellite box etc.
This cut $50 per month from the electricity bill.

Standby is little more than a mute button.

Owen

spartabis

Post by spartabis »

I always cut power at the wall as well and I don't like the boxes that comes on straightaway when powered on from the wall because of this, as I have to look for the remote controller of each device that I don't need to use right now to put them on standby. Its very inconvenient. If the device goes on standby from main then I don't have to do this and that is what I was hoping the Golden V8 could to do.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”