GTMEDIA V7 Plus

GTMedia V7 TDT Pro
GTMedia V7 TDT
GTMedia V7S
GTMedia V7 Plus
GTMedia V7 HD
GTMedia V7 MAX
GTMedia V7 COMBO

Moderators: admin, Rambo, GTMedia Team

AnaSofia
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:05 am

GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby AnaSofia » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 pm

So, nobody else is using GTMedia V7 Plus except me? No thread about it yet. It's been a month I bought the set-top box hopefully the new firmware will be released soon.

User avatar
xuromi
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:07 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby xuromi » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:28 pm

You're kidding, right? You have v7s firmwares months ago in the forum. You have messages for months in the forum. I myself have a v7s months ago and I am in the forum. I do not know where you get that there is no information. Search.

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Marsat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:56 pm

AnaSofia wrote:So, nobody else is using GTMedia V7 Plus except me? No thread about it yet. It's been a month I bought the set-top box hopefully the new firmware will be released soon.

I do
firmware for what?
software is ok

AnaSofia
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:05 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby AnaSofia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 am

xuromi wrote:You're kidding, right? You have v7s firmwares months ago in the forum. You have messages for months in the forum. I myself have a v7s months ago and I am in the forum. I do not know where you get that there is no information. Search.


You're kidding rite? V7 Plus support H.265, completely different from V7S. Some people can be full of ignorance.
I have purchased V8 Pro; V8 Golden; V8 Angel and V7Plus.

AnaSofia
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:05 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby AnaSofia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:08 am

Marsat wrote:
AnaSofia wrote:So, nobody else is using GTMedia V7 Plus except me? No thread about it yet. It's been a month I bought the set-top box hopefully the new firmware will be released soon.

I do
firmware for what?
software is ok


Not really.
The sounds is mono for both DVB-T2 tv and radio.
Info display do not stay on screen in Radio mode.
There's "LNB short. Please check" message pop up from time to time, but my LNB connection are fine.
Audio and subtitles language choosen don't stay, always reverted to the default ones when I changed the channels.
Certain biss key channels on 78.5E° are not working, although the biss keys are correct.
These mentioned issues above do not happened with my other set-top-boxes.
I have purchased V8 Pro; V8 Golden; V8 Angel and V7Plus.

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Marsat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:44 am

AnaSofia wrote:
Marsat wrote:
AnaSofia wrote:So, nobody else is using GTMedia V7 Plus except me? No thread about it yet. It's been a month I bought the set-top box hopefully the new firmware will be released soon.

I do
firmware for what?
software is ok


Not really.
The sounds is mono for both DVB-T2 tv and radio.
Info display do not stay on screen in Radio mode.
There's "LNB short. Please check" message pop up from time to time, but my LNB connection are fine.
Audio and subtitles language choosen don't stay, always reverted to the default ones when I changed the channels.
Certain biss key channels on 78.5E° are not working, although the biss keys are correct.
These mentioned issues above do not happened with my other set-top-boxes.

As per DVB-T2 I do not have the ability to check due in the USA we use different system
for LNB short I do not have that issue. Your LNB maybe fine, but you may have moist or water on the line, that is common

Audio/Subtitles I believe (bold and underlined) that issue is present on other models. Personally doesn't bother me to change it back again. Just personal.
I have a softcam file from 30W to 131W working at full. The only issue that I have 1750 powervu lines and max is 1000 that is the limit. Still working on removing the duplicates and the one I do not use.

Will check on radio and TV on DVB-S2, that I do use and re-check Audio/subtitles on other models

HOWEVER
There was an issue with Biss keys that do not accept more that 269. although you enter and accept 1000, when you turn the decoer off and back on the remaining 731 lines are lost. That I checked that myself. So be sure your buss keys are not over that limit, it maybe not working for that issue

User avatar
xuromi
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:07 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby xuromi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 am

AnaSofia wrote:
xuromi wrote:You're kidding, right? You have v7s firmwares months ago in the forum. You have messages for months in the forum. I myself have a v7s months ago and I am in the forum. I do not know where you get that there is no information. Search.


You're kidding rite? V7 Plus support H.265, completely different from V7S. Some people can be full of ignorance.

Oh I am sorry. I know the V7 Plus. But I do not know why I read it was the v7s. My fault. My apologies.
The V7 Plus is very new. I know they offered some units to try.

knojoh
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby knojoh » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:17 pm

I am very new with this receiver, approx. one week's experience. The satellite part I have got to work, but also receives the message: "LNB short. Please check". This message started a few days ago. Can the error be in the box itself? My other receiver, of other brand, works perfectly well.
Today, I also tested the antenna part and there was no sucsess; First, it did not find any channels in Auto Scan. If I chose Manual Scan and chose a frequency, which I know has programs, it found some channels, but if I switched frequency, the previously found channels disappeared. It seems that the T2 part is quite useless. OK, to continue "playing" in the morning.
I use the receiver in Finland.

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Marsat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:17 am

AnaSofia wrote:The sounds is mono for both DVB-T2 tv and radio.
Info display do not stay on screen in Radio mode.
There's "LNB short. Please check" message pop up from time to time, but my LNB connection are fine.
Audio and subtitles language choosen don't stay, always reverted to the default ones when I changed the channels.
Certain biss key channels on 78.5E° are not working, although the biss keys are correct.
These mentioned issues above do not happened with my other set-top-boxes.


The sounds is mono for both DVB-T2 tv and radio.

tested on Sat mode it works ok decoding AAC and MEPG sounds OK both TV and Radio
Unable to test T2, system not available in the USA

Info display do not stay on screen in Radio mode.
Cosmetic issue (is correct just GTMedia Logo only.
AnaSofia, for this issue does not justify a system update

There's "LNB short. Please check" message pop up from time to time, but my LNB connection are fine.
I do not have this issue
I have tested and retested on 4 different configurations as follows
A) KU Dish (76cm) Dual Output cheap Universal Ku Lnb to decoder No issues aimed to 30W Hispasat
B) C band dish 1.8m Dual Output Titanium C2W same as above no issues aimed to 58W
C) Ku Band 1,2m offset with Motor HH using diseqc 1,2 Move from 30W to around 103W east to west and back No issues
E) this is a complicated messy configuration story short is a 2,4m solid with 6 Lns that goes to different switches and power inserters along with an actuator and dish mover. I have no issues either

So it could be a wire problem, cable coax terminals issues, switch problem (diseqc) and/or power inserter
Next time it shows that problem try to ...
if you are watching an H polarization Channel go to settings and change the LNB Power form auto to H / v then AUTO see if that error message goes away.

IT IS POSSIBLE that the setting on the firmware when check on LNB/line short are very sensitive and when switch from H to V or viceversa the issues shows up. for that Kyle should check on the software configuration

why I am not getting that and you guys do. Remember I have the dish mover that feeds the LNB's and also goes to disqc and multiswitch with power inserter. I am not using the decoder power to feed the LNB's
However that issue did not show when I isolated from dish/LNB to decoder itself
What makes me think that are some LNB that are power "hungry" that is the term believe it or not and IF that is the reason the power failure/LNB Short message it will show up

That would be my Norsat LNB that need to work steady voltage and the Freesat by itself fails, hence my power inserter there

Audio and subtitles language choosen don't stay, always reverted to the default ones when I changed the channels.
I did not have the time to test
However is not a big deal to press 2 keys. Personal opinion it shouldn't be steady for MY TASTE is MY personal opinion
I like 58W and watch example TNT I always change the language to English sometimes is Brazilian Portuguese and sometimes Spanish, if I live it fixed I need to remove due the caption is there, but the language is different same as the audio. Sometimes I dont care due I speak and read the 3 languages however always tend to English when possible


Certain biss key channels on 78.5E° are not working, although the biss keys are correct.
As I mentioned before please check how many lines of Biss keys you have.
Another user found out that this decoder does not keep more than 269 lines of biss
If that is the case it may not have saved the biss keys completely hence failing to decode


MarSat

User avatar
Lining
网站管理员
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:14 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Lining » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:07 am

Marsat wrote:
AnaSofia wrote:The sounds is mono for both DVB-T2 tv and radio.
Info display do not stay on screen in Radio mode.
There's "LNB short. Please check" message pop up from time to time, but my LNB connection are fine.
Audio and subtitles language choosen don't stay, always reverted to the default ones when I changed the channels.
Certain biss key channels on 78.5E° are not working, although the biss keys are correct.
These mentioned issues above do not happened with my other set-top-boxes.


The sounds is mono for both DVB-T2 tv and radio.

tested on Sat mode it works ok decoding AAC and MEPG sounds OK both TV and Radio
Unable to test T2, system not available in the USA

Info display do not stay on screen in Radio mode.
Cosmetic issue (is correct just GTMedia Logo only.
AnaSofia, for this issue does not justify a system update

There's "LNB short. Please check" message pop up from time to time, but my LNB connection are fine.
I do not have this issue
I have tested and retested on 4 different configurations as follows
A) KU Dish (76cm) Dual Output cheap Universal Ku Lnb to decoder No issues aimed to 30W Hispasat
B) C band dish 1.8m Dual Output Titanium C2W same as above no issues aimed to 58W
C) Ku Band 1,2m offset with Motor HH using diseqc 1,2 Move from 30W to around 103W east to west and back No issues
E) this is a complicated messy configuration story short is a 2,4m solid with 6 Lns that goes to different switches and power inserters along with an actuator and dish mover. I have no issues either

So it could be a wire problem, cable coax terminals issues, switch problem (diseqc) and/or power inserter
Next time it shows that problem try to ...
if you are watching an H polarization Channel go to settings and change the LNB Power form auto to H / v then AUTO see if that error message goes away.

IT IS POSSIBLE that the setting on the firmware when check on LNB/line short are very sensitive and when switch from H to V or viceversa the issues shows up. for that Kyle should check on the software configuration

why I am not getting that and you guys do. Remember I have the dish mover that feeds the LNB's and also goes to disqc and multiswitch with power inserter. I am not using the decoder power to feed the LNB's
However that issue did not show when I isolated from dish/LNB to decoder itself
What makes me think that are some LNB that are power "hungry" that is the term believe it or not and IF that is the reason the power failure/LNB Short message it will show up

That would be my Norsat LNB that need to work steady voltage and the Freesat by itself fails, hence my power inserter there

Audio and subtitles language choosen don't stay, always reverted to the default ones when I changed the channels.
I did not have the time to test
However is not a big deal to press 2 keys. Personal opinion it shouldn't be steady for MY TASTE is MY personal opinion
I like 58W and watch example TNT I always change the language to English sometimes is Brazilian Portuguese and sometimes Spanish, if I live it fixed I need to remove due the caption is there, but the language is different same as the audio. Sometimes I dont care due I speak and read the 3 languages however always tend to English when possible


Certain biss key channels on 78.5E° are not working, although the biss keys are correct.
As I mentioned before please check how many lines of Biss keys you have.
Another user found out that this decoder does not keep more than 269 lines of biss
If that is the case it may not have saved the biss keys completely hence failing to decode


MarSat



Thank you very much for your question. We have updated the firmware recently to solve the problem
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Marsat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:37 am

Lining wrote:
Thank you very much for your question. We have updated the firmware recently to solve the problem


And... when it will be available for download>?

qwe1rty
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby qwe1rty » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 pm

I can confirm the "LNB short. Please check" issue. A channel was even running in backgraund of the message.

kolithawick
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:16 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby kolithawick » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 am

This happens to some LNBs only.
I have checked four LNBs, this massage came for only one LNB, at the first switch on and it cleared after about 3 seconds.
I think this is due to initial current of the lnb is just over the threshold current of the alarm detection cct of the stb.

User avatar
Feralkiwi
网站管理员
Posts: 2804
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:51 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Feralkiwi » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:26 am

knojoh wrote:I am very new with this receiver, approx. one week's experience. The satellite part I have got to work, but also receives the message: "LNB short. Please check". This message started a few days ago. Can the error be in the box itself? My other receiver, of other brand, works perfectly well.
Today, I also tested the antenna part and there was no sucsess; First, it did not find any channels in Auto Scan. If I chose Manual Scan and chose a frequency, which I know has programs, it found some channels, but if I switched frequency, the previously found channels disappeared. It seems that the T2 part is quite useless. OK, to continue "playing" in the morning.
I use the receiver in Finland.

Yes this unit does have this problem with "LNB Short, Please check it"
My unit did this even with NO cable connected.
As the weather has got warmer here in NZ this problem is less and less for me.
My room is unheated and I have temperatures down to 5 Celsius.
It now lasts for two minutes and not on all LNB's connected.
On power on it works a DiSEqC 1.1 and DiSEqC 1.0 and then the Ku LNB.
A C band LNB through one switch reports the short.
I have not checked but it sounds like this is now happening on the latest V8 Finder software. (the V8 finder is based on V7 Tech.)
I can power on and watch Terrestrial channels in this time, or rapidly hit exit and then the next instruction for the unit using the remote.

As for Terrestrial turning, mine works fine here in NZ.
Try different countries in the set up menu and then scan again.
The Nova had issues like you say before the first software update.

Owen
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. Openbox V8 Combo, Pro, Freesat V8 Golden, Nova, GTC, Super and Angle (Sample). Freesat V7HDs, Combo and V7s. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

knoj
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:32 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby knoj » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 am

Hello again.
Now the box is unusable, for the whole time the error message "LNB Short, Please check it" will be displayed. Hope you get an update of the software very quickly.
Observed that the VHF channels (5-12) are missing in Finland dvb-t list. Edited (with DB-Editor-V2.2) and added the missing channels and drove to the box, but the box did not accept them. There are only the original UHF channels (22-48). Now the box is in the shelf and collecting dust.
Hope you fix the problems.
GT Media V7 Plus

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Marsat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:52 am

knoj wrote:Hello again.
Now the box is unusable, for the whole time the error message "LNB Short, Please check it" will be displayed. Hope you get an update of the software very quickly.
Observed that the VHF channels (5-12) are missing in Finland dvb-t list. Edited (with DB-Editor-V2.2) and added the missing channels and drove to the box, but the box did not accept them. There are only the original UHF channels (22-48). Now the box is in the shelf and collecting dust.
Hope you fix the problems.

As per the Terrestrial part unfortunately I am not able to use or tested hence I can not help in the USA we use different method that is ATSC for such the terrestrial part is unusable for me.

As per the LNB short error message. it really puzzle me. I saw this error in another device from this manufacturer, that is the V8 Finder. but was indeed a Short that i mistakenly created when rewiring my whole system.

This issue can be caused for 3 different reasons:
- a LNB "really hungry" on power
- A defective LNB
- A line (cable) with water
- A Short on the cable somewhere
- A short on the connectors mostly the shield touching the central core.
- A bad switch
- Power issues on the decoder. Remember the LNB (In) comes out 13V for V and 18V H if your settings allow LNB power, and issue on the power module/tuner can cause this effect, however we are "talking" a bad batch ?
- A software script that left the decoder sensitive on power fluctuations

Believe me, I have tried to replicate this issue with 4 different configurations and it does not show any error. So at this point seems I am a lucky one

As per the Close Caption not saving it, I can confirm it does not as the V8 Super or V8 Nova

knoj
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:32 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby knoj » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 pm

The error message will occur, though no cables are connected to the box. Then is the mistake in the box itself?
GT Media V7 Plus

User avatar
Feralkiwi
网站管理员
Posts: 2804
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:51 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Feralkiwi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 pm

knoj wrote:The error message will occur, though no cables are connected to the box. Then is the mistake in the box itself?

I agree.
Mine V7 Plus reported the short with no cable connected.

I believe this is temperature related.
As spring is here now and my room is warmer each day the report is shown for less time each day.

Marsat is in a hot location.
I suggest to Marsat that he places his unit in the refrigerator in a plastic bag to stop moisture and then powers it on.
This should show him the fault.

knoj
Does this short report continue or stop after some minutes.
I found that if you go to a menu that stops the short being reported and wait there for it to warm up, you can then use the box.
Staying on a channel that reports the short locks the report after it is no longer reported.
Press exit and then an instruction that you need, FAST and you can move around with the short report popping up.

Try manual scanning you terrestrial channels.
Try also different country setting for those channels.

Owen
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. Openbox V8 Combo, Pro, Freesat V8 Golden, Nova, GTC, Super and Angle (Sample). Freesat V7HDs, Combo and V7s. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bumisat88
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:28 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby bumisat88 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:19 pm

I also got this “LNB Short” message every time I started the box. It stays for few seconds while the picture is running. This is new to me because no other Freesat boxes like that.

Last time I found out that this box can take only 269 BISS keys so many Thai channels cannot watch. Issue pending.

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Marsat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:04 am

bumisat88 wrote:I also got this “LNB Short” message every time I started the box. It stays for few seconds while the picture is running. This is new to me because no other Freesat boxes like that.

Last time I found out that this box can take only 269 BISS keys so many Thai channels cannot watch. Issue pending.


I could not replicate LNB Short issue, however bumi we just discussed this biss issue it takes up to 1000 biss lines, however if boot or turn off and back on it loses 731 lines of keys leaving only 269

Feralkiwi wrote:Marsat is in a hot location.
I suggest to Marsat that he places his unit in the refrigerator in a plastic bag to stop moisture and then powers it on.
This should show him the fault.


well Owen yes and no
Today in Miami 91*F and 97% Humidity
However y AC is set at 71*F from 7am to 10pm and 69*F from 10pm to 7pm
BUT does not cost me a cent to try

AnaSofia
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:05 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby AnaSofia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:05 pm

This box is really strange and upsetting.

Malaysia DVB-T2 tv and radio audio are MONO. Same thing when I test with V8 Golden. Mono!!! However V8 Pro and V8 Angel produce stereo audio. I AM TALKING ABOUT DVB-T2 HERE, NOT DVB-S2. I EMPHASIZE, NOT DVB-S2!!!

I only use DVB-S2 for Ku Band on 78.5° Thaicom. As mentioned some biss key don't work. However, for example, I duplicated 12728 V 30000 on "Test" satellite list and scanned it. Both Thaicom and Test works fine. If I deleted 'Test', then that TP on Thaicom is encrypted, no longer can watch. This has absolutely nothing to do with maximum biss line. I only have 221 lines for bisskey.

For the radio mode, the Info will be gone leaving the background alone according to the OSD Timeout setting respectively. This is not okay for me. This is radio, not TV. I want to see the info while listening to the radio. If I want to make it gone, then I want to manually press the exit button like V8 Pro and V8 Golden.

"LNB short. Please check" message appear whenever I turn on the unit. It will stay or keep blinking/re-pop up for few minutes while the tv is playing in the background then it will disappear until i turn the unit off and on again after some times. Some people on internet said it could be due to bad transistor which providing the power to the LNB. I don't know.

Let's hope these issue are not cause by bad batch without QC quality control check.
Hoping that the firmware update will resolve the issue.
I have purchased V8 Pro; V8 Golden; V8 Angel and V7Plus.

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Marsat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:16 pm

AnaSofia wrote:This box is really strange and upsetting.

Malaysia DVB-T2 tv and radio audio are MONO. Same thing when I test with V8 Golden. Mono!!! However V8 Pro and V8 Angel produce stereo audio. I AM TALKING ABOUT DVB-T2 HERE, NOT DVB-S2. I EMPHASIZE, NOT DVB-S2!!!

I DONT' LIKE ppl yelling.
Like I said i can't test on T2, ANYTHING!
I tested on S2 only and works fine
Maybe someone that has T2 possibility can do it. I CANT!

AnaSofia wrote:
I only use DVB-S2 for Ku Band on 78.5° Thaicom. As mentioned some biss key don't work. However, for example, I duplicated 12728 V 30000 on "Test" satellite list and scanned it. Both Thaicom and Test works fine. If I deleted 'Test', then that TP on Thaicom is encrypted, no longer can watch. This has absolutely nothing to do with maximum biss line. I only have 221 lines for bisskey.

Was an Idea I gave
Back up
Then delete the TP you have issues
and scan again see if it works

AnaSofia wrote:For the radio mode, the Info will be gone leaving the background alone according to the OSD Timeout setting respectively. This is not okay for me. This is radio, not TV. I want to see the info while listening to the radio. If I want to make it gone, then I want to manually press the exit button like V8 Pro and V8 Golden.

Like I said is a personal taste. it doesnt other me
Sometimes if very hard for a manufacturer to accommodate all users desires

AnaSofia wrote:"LNB short. Please check" message appear whenever I turn on the unit. It will stay or keep blinking/re-pop up for few minutes while the tv is playing in the background then it will disappear until i turn the unit off and on again after some times. Some people on internet said it could be due to bad transistor which providing the power to the LNB. I don't know.


I repeated like 7 times It seems like I am the only lucky one. I do not have this issue

AnaSofia wrote:Let's hope these issue are not cause by bad batch without QC quality control check.

Most likely for some issues

AnaSofia wrote:Hoping that the firmware update will resolve the issue.

[/quote]
It should for most of them

I have also re-tested the Close Caption issue. I did a factory reset and the issue is no longer there. I can change the channels and the caption still showing up.
Tested on Intelsat 21 58W C band and change from Colombia/Mexico Brazil Argentina Channels and the caption changes to native colors (white or yellow) and spanish to portuguese. So the issue is no longer that... an issue
Have not checked SAP

As per freezing the decoder? I put the decoder inside the freezer for 15 minutes Freezer shows -10*F
Nothing device working normal

User avatar
Feralkiwi
网站管理员
Posts: 2804
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:51 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby Feralkiwi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:05 pm

AnaSofia wrote:This box is really strange and upsetting.

Malaysia DVB-T2 tv and radio audio are MONO. Same thing when I test with V8 Golden. Mono!!! However V8 Pro and V8 Angel produce stereo audio. I AM TALKING ABOUT DVB-T2 HERE, NOT DVB-S2. I EMPHASIZE, NOT DVB-S2!!!

I checked my Plus and the NZ DVB-T has stereo as it was scanned in.
Does your local DVB-T have stereo? The older V8 Pro may be miss labeling it.

AnaSofia wrote:I only use DVB-S2 for Ku Band on 78.5° Thaicom. As mentioned some biss key don't work. However, for example, I duplicated 12728 V 30000 on "Test" satellite list and scanned it. Both Thaicom and Test works fine. If I deleted 'Test', then that TP on Thaicom is encrypted, no longer can watch. This has absolutely nothing to do with maximum biss line. I only have 221 lines for bisskey.

I have found with my Plus that if you have more than one biss line for a TP, (some older codes in the list), I have to change channel from another biss TP to the one I want to watch sometimes.
As Marsat said I would delete that tp and re scan it or even delete the Thaicom sat and re enter it and re scan.

AnaSofia wrote:For the radio mode, the Info will be gone leaving the background alone according to the OSD Timeout setting respectively. This is not okay for me. This is radio, not TV. I want to see the info while listening to the radio. If I want to make it gone, then I want to manually press the exit button like V8 Pro and V8 Golden.

If your radio channel has EPG you can press the info button twice and the EPG info and the Info bar will stay.
Another way is to edit the user data file using a hex editor and change the time out setting to 00.
This will result in the info bar staying full time.
I did this some time ago to shorten the time out below 3 seconds for a user.

Owen
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. Openbox V8 Combo, Pro, Freesat V8 Golden, Nova, GTC, Super and Angle (Sample). Freesat V7HDs, Combo and V7s. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AnaSofia
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:05 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby AnaSofia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 am

Feralkiwi wrote:
AnaSofia wrote:This box is really strange and upsetting.

Malaysia DVB-T2 tv and radio audio are MONO. Same thing when I test with V8 Golden. Mono!!! However V8 Pro and V8 Angel produce stereo audio. I AM TALKING ABOUT DVB-T2 HERE, NOT DVB-S2. I EMPHASIZE, NOT DVB-S2!!!

I checked my Plus and the NZ DVB-T has stereo as it was scanned in.
Does your local DVB-T have stereo? The older V8 Pro may be miss labeling it.

AnaSofia wrote:I only use DVB-S2 for Ku Band on 78.5° Thaicom. As mentioned some biss key don't work. However, for example, I duplicated 12728 V 30000 on "Test" satellite list and scanned it. Both Thaicom and Test works fine. If I deleted 'Test', then that TP on Thaicom is encrypted, no longer can watch. This has absolutely nothing to do with maximum biss line. I only have 221 lines for bisskey.

I have found with my Plus that if you have more than one biss line for a TP, (some older codes in the list), I have to change channel from another biss TP to the one I want to watch sometimes.
As Marsat said I would delete that tp and re scan it or even delete the Thaicom sat and re enter it and re scan.

AnaSofia wrote:For the radio mode, the Info will be gone leaving the background alone according to the OSD Timeout setting respectively. This is not okay for me. This is radio, not TV. I want to see the info while listening to the radio. If I want to make it gone, then I want to manually press the exit button like V8 Pro and V8 Golden.

If your radio channel has EPG you can press the info button twice and the EPG info and the Info bar will stay.
Another way is to edit the user data file using a hex editor and change the time out setting to 00.
This will result in the info bar staying full time.
I did this some time ago to shorten the time out below 3 seconds for a user.

Owen


nz is using dvb-t right? of course it doesn't have an issue. it is the earlier generation of transmission, less complex than dvb-t2. in general, the dvb-t2 box don't have a problem to pick the transmission. i am talking about dvb-t2 transmission in Malaysia. i never realized the issue until i listened via headphones. mislabelling assumption is definitely out of the book. i checked via the headphones, not just based on the labels. other set-top-box are capable to receive all the tv and radio channels in stereo, including v8 angel and v8 pro and other china oem set-top-box. if then v8 angel and v8 pro, from the same freesat/gtmedia company are able to receive the transmission in stereo, how come v7 plus and v8 golden only receive it in mono? bad firmware? bad wiring in the box itself? it will be fantastic if the firmware update could fix these issues.

bumisat88
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:28 am

Re: GTMEDIA V7 Plus

Postby bumisat88 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:32 pm

No problem with my V7 Plus in audio output when running T2, both have stereo output in TV and Radio.

My V8 Golden audio output also working fine running T2.


Return to “GTMedia V7”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests