GTMedia V8 COMBO
GTMedia V8 PRO
GTMedia V8 GOLDEN
GTMedia V8 SUPER

Moderators: admin, Rambo, GTMedia Team

Guayabito

Re: Scheduled recording fail

Postby Guayabito » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Can somebody tell me what brand, model and capacity of hard drive of hard drive works with the V8? I have two and none get recognized by the unit. (BTW. I have read posts from people that are using up to 2TB hard drives with the unit.)

In Spanish:
Alguien me puede decir que marca, modelo y capacidad de disco duro estan usando con el V8? Yo he probado dos discos diferentes y la unidad no los reconoce. (Por cierto he leiso posts aqui en el foro de gente que esta usando Discod Duros de 2TB con estas unidades)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Postby Feralkiwi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Also check that the wake up channel has the correct time from the satellite.
Many satellites / TP's have incorrect time and the Freesat units use this time to wake up and record.

Owen
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. Openbox V8 Combo, Pro, Freesat V8 Golden, Nova, GTC, Super and Angle (Sample). Freesat V7HDs, Combo and V7s. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

eSbek

Postby eSbek » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:46 am

Any fix for timer recording? I just bought a new unit and found that it can't record anything when Nova has to wake up and switch the channel (or just switch the channel from another active one). It should be an ease fix, an adjustable delay between "channel switch" and "recording start". The unit is useless. It's as subject of returning as not performing as described. Please take it seriously.

Captain Ron

Postby Captain Ron » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:15 pm

Did you read the post by S.Mwendwa on the bottom of page one.

He explains how to make it work very well, you need to set the (Wake UP) time at least 2 minutes before the time you set to (Record) or it won't work correctly.

Beers to you !

gusarapinho

Postby gusarapinho » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Captain Ron wrote:Did you read the post by S.Mwendwa on the bottom of page one.

He explains how to make it work very well, you need to set the (Wake UP) time at least 2 minutes before the time you set to (Record) or it won't work correctly.

Beers to you !
:lol: :lol: :lol: Very good solution instead fix the firmware that should be done.
This bug among others were reported four months ago and still nothing???? really???

see viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9956

but dont claim much more or your post can result in closed
see viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11608

It's clear, GTMedia is not more FreeSat
Cheers

eSbek

Postby eSbek » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Beers to you !

thank you genius for the workaround, we have been asking for the fix.

iq180
网站管理员

Postby iq180 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:40 pm

eSbek wrote:

Beers to you !

thank you genius for the workaround, we have been asking for the fix.

This is what I call bashing a member that is only trying to help you, Stop it now or I will give you some time off.

Return to “GTMedia V8”